The term “Cabaret Voltaire” or “us” or “we”, refers to the owner of the website, Cabaret Voltaire, whose registered office is Cabaret Voltaire, 36-38 Blair St, Edinburgh, EH1 1QR. The term “you” refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we, nor any third parties, provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website. Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- You may not create a link to this website from another website or document without Cabaret Voltaire’s prior written consent.
Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Scotland and Wales.
Country of Permanent Establishment – Scotland, UK
DEPOSITS/FULL BALANCE T&CS
- All monies received as a deposit payment toward a future reservation or event are subject to our company terms & conditions; any reservation cancelled 14 days prior to the date of the event will receive a full deposit refund. If cancellation occurs less than 14 days prior to the reservation date all monies paid will be non-refundable and are also non-transferable.
- Please note the above T&Cs are not applicable for all reservations from November 25th to December 31st. All reservations during the festive period are non-refundable and non-transferrable.
- Wedding and private events may have separate terms and conditions which can be found on the venue website.
- Minimum spends: all minimum spends are to be arranged prior to your event. all prices are inclusive of VAT. if you and your guests do not make the minimum spend, you will be asked to pay the difference up to the agreed minimum spend.
- Severe Weather Policy: In the event of a venue being unable to open due to severe weather, bookers will be contacted by individual venues to offer rescheduled dates within the subsequent ten days. Dates subject to availability. All other cancellations are bound by our standard terms and conditions. All guests must be available to be seated at the arranged time of booking. Failure to do so will result in loss of bookings and deposit paid.
Here at Scotsman Hospitality, we as a team promise to deliver an exceptional service for you and your friends, and we hope you agree. With that in mind, a 10% discretionary service charge will be applied to your final balance. We can assure you that this full amount will be distributed evenly between all of our employees who helped make your event a memorable one.
For our guests with food sensitivities, allergies, or special dietary needs: We prepare and serve products that contain all 14 major allergens. Although we and our suppliers take every care in preparing your meal, regular kitchen operations across our supply chain involve shared cooking and preparation areas, and food variations may occur due to ingredient substitutions, recipe revisions, and/or preparation at the restaurant. For these reasons, we cannot guarantee that any menu item will be completely free of allergens. If you have an allergy, please make this known to a venue manager at soon as you arrive at the venue.
All of our venues hold a challenge 25 policy. This means staff hold the right to request identification from those who look under the age of 25 – this is for purchases of alcohol or any item that has a legal age requirement. Service is refused if you cannot show one of the following; Passport, Drivers License or Scottish Pass Age Verification.
Cabaret Voltaire copyright notice
This website and its content is copyright of ” Cabaret Voltaire ” – © ” Cabaret Voltaire “. All rights reserved.
Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited other than the following:
- You may print or download to a local hard disk extracts for your personal and non-commercial use only
- You may copy the content to individual third parties for their personal use, but only if you acknowledge the website as the source of the material
- You may not, except with our express written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the content. Nor may you transmit it or store it in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system.
The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by ” Cabaret Voltaire ” and whilst we endeavor to keep the information up-to-date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage, including, without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, loss of data or profits or any loss or damage whatsoever, arising out of or in connection with the use of this website. We do not exclude liability for personal injury or death resulting from our negligence or any liability which it would be illegal to exclude or attempt to exclude.
Through this website you are able to link to other websites which are not under the control of ” Cabaret Voltaire “. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, ” Cabaret Voltaire ” takes no responsibility for and will not be liable for the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
Cabaret Voltaire House Rules As of 28/3/22 the guidelines laid out in this document will form part of the contract each event organiser has with the venue Cabaret Voltaire. These are subject to change by the General Manager.
1. Conduct within the venue When inside the venue you are a representative of us, and as such you must act responsibly and respectfully to customers, other members of staff and our equipment.
2. Cash desk staff If you have chosen to appoint your own cash desk staff, they must act as if a member of our bar staff. They are a face of our venue and cannot be seen to be drinking alcohol on shift or any other unprofessionalism.
3. Tech requirements A technical specification of what the venue has available will be provided, any items over and above this will be up to the event organiser to rent/buy themselves. Our in-house sound techs will set up and break down the venue’s equipment only. It will be up to the rental company or event organiser to set up/break down any additional equipment.
4. Use of equipment Any damage caused during a night of an event will result in that event organiser paying for its repair or replacement. Continual misuse of equipment (ie drink spillage) will result in that artists/band being banned from playing in the venue. We will provide a table for any drinks to be placed whilst the artist/band is playing
4.1 Turntable needles Where possible, DJs should provide their own needles for use on turntables. If this is not possible, the venue will have some available, but a deposit equal to the cost to replace the needle will be required. This will be returned providing the needle is returned to us in working order. Instances of breakage due to regular use/wear and tear will be assessed on a case by case basis by venue management and the sound techs.
5. Decorations Any decor or signage that is used for an event must be removed at the end of the night. Exceptions can be made but must be agreed with venue management ahead of time, and cannot interfere with the set up of any subsequent events.
6. Riders Event organisers may bring their own riders for bands/DJs, however this must be a reasonable amount of alcohol per person, and a list of how much of what product is being brought in must be sent to the general manager in advance to approve.
7. On stage/back of house access Only those who are performing or are part of the event management team may be allowed on the stage or in any back of house areas. We will provide wristbands which must be requested in advance to allow access to these areas. 8. Storage of items Any and all storage of items that do not belong to the venue must be agreed upon with management, and we can only accept limited liability for this.